cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Tracking who is deleteding Nodes, and APM's

I would like a way to track who is updating and deleting Nodes, APM's etc.. I added Journaling on the tables i wanted to track and i am getting a very large number of records per add or update.. what is happening.. is there a better way to track these updates/deletions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Audit tracking is something we have as an open enhancement for a future rev.  We do alot of update of the DB depending on the table you are looking at when we poll data etc.  Let me know if this answers your questions.

0 Kudos
Level 10

What I was hoping to do something.. since Solarwinds does not have it built in native,. was to create an audit trail of all updates, deletes, and inserts using the  SQL journaling on the Nodes, account, and applications tables..  When i did this we got many records for a simple add/ update/ delete of an account..  is this what you would expect.. ?

0 Kudos
Level 10

It gets worse.. when i tried adding journaling on the accounts table the users could not login, and we could not add accounts.. is there something tied to the tables that would stop us form adding Journaling to track updates, deletions, etc..

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Audit tracking is something we have as an open enhancement for a future rev.  We do alot of update of the DB depending on the table you are looking at when we poll data etc.

0 Kudos