cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Total bandwidth in bytes grouped by source subnet/address

Jump to solution

Excuse my ignorance with NPM and it's reporting capability.... Newbie here.

But, I have a multi-tenant environment (downstream in the Routing & Switching core of the network, a /24 subnet represents a tenant.)

I want to be able to cumulatively show bytes usage where either y or x (it doesn't really matter) is

Total bytes for a calendar month vs source subnet.

Is this possible ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

If your downstream tenants' /24s are isolated via physical or virtual interface, then you can use the 'Total Bytes Transferred by Interface - Last Month' baked-in report to get a fair estimate.

However, you'll likely get better data if you leverage NTA (this assumes your gear is capable of sending Netflow/sFlow datagrams) and use one of the 'Top XX Traffic Sources/Destinations by IP Address Group' reports and customize the timeframe to your preference.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If your downstream tenants' /24s are isolated via physical or virtual interface, then you can use the 'Total Bytes Transferred by Interface - Last Month' baked-in report to get a fair estimate.

However, you'll likely get better data if you leverage NTA (this assumes your gear is capable of sending Netflow/sFlow datagrams) and use one of the 'Top XX Traffic Sources/Destinations by IP Address Group' reports and customize the timeframe to your preference.

View solution in original post

But.. instead of doing a grouping/sorting (top 10 yada yada..) I can't just get an accumulated/summated total 'bytes' ? Even with some customisation ?

0 Kudos

Yes, you can. If you define IP Address Groups in NTA to match your tenant /24s, then you'll at least be able to do an ad-hoc NTA report/view showing total bytes in a month for the desired subnet of choice.

Done. Looks good to me.

Firewall will send NetFlow to NTA by the looks of it.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/80/pan-os/pan-os/monitoring/netflow-monitoring#_93981

Because.. no.. they are not separated by an 'interface' per se.

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos