This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Total Availabilty per quarter

I am currently writing a report that runs the average availabilty of all of our cisco nodes per quarter. Is there a way to have the report create an overall availability average. So basically take all the returned values for availabilty per node and average them together?

• Through the report templates, this would not be possible.  You could export the data to excel for that.  Otherwise you'd have to see if there's SQL logic/syntax that would do that, then recreate the report as a Custom/Advanced SQL report.

Regards,

Matthew Harvey

Loop1 Systems

• Thanks, We have been exporting the data to excel and submitting it to our SVP in an excel format. I was just playing around to see if it was possible so I could just send him the report directly.

• Actually, if I may interject, you should be able to use the canned report, "Average Availability for the Entire Network". Just modify the Filter Results tab and add a filter for Vendor=Cisco. The resulting value will be the average availability for all Cisco devices for the time period selected.

Hope that is what you want.

• Good catch there, didn't even think about that.  You could then do a save as to keep that report separate from the "Average Availability for the Entire Network" by saving it as "Average Availability for the Entire Network - Cisco"