This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Top CPU by percentage load - Modern graph calculation

Hi,

I need to understand the difference between classic and modern charts calculation on node details page for "Top CPU by percentage load".

We are using Orion 2019.4 version.

While checking modern graph its showing up to 700% where as on classic CPU graph its showing cores till 100 %. Can anyone please help me the calculations?

Also, if I open perf stack it will show real time data which is correct.

Kindly provide relevant articles to understand the difference or new enhancements in CPU graph on node details page.

I have attached screenshots for reference.

Thank you.

attachments.zip
  • Hello ,

Please let me know if anyone can assist me on above post.

• I have this exact same issue, but after upgrading to NPM 2020.2.5. We have a firewall appliance with 72 logical CPU cores. The top 10 CPUs chart shows the first 9 CPUs, but with the 63 remaining CPUs showing as an aggregate total (for us, that's 700-800%), which completely obscures the useful data on the chart.

The only fix I've found is replacing the modern chart with the historical chart widget (search the widgets panel for "cpus" and note the "Top CPUs by Percent Load" entries--there are two, one Modern and one Historical).

SolarWinds support wasn't aware of this issue when I reached out to them for help, but after finding this I suppose it's a workable solution. It would be nice to avoid having a massive list of CPU cores below the graph area (the modern widget doesn't do that).

Hopefully someone will have a better answer or fix (these steps are really just a workaround).