This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Threshold Alerts and Node Status

I was wondering if it is possible to link a node threshold with the color of the network object on the map? For example, can I set up a node to turn a particular color once its average response time reaches a configured threshold.

Thanks in advance for the input.
  • The best you can do is relate a node's color to its status...and that's providing you have an icon that changes colors.

There are no definable thresholds for the map viewer at this time, though it would be extremely useful...especially on WAN links.

// Ian Underwood - Service Management
    // Level 3 Communications
  • Ian.......thanks for the input. I'll socialize that and quit spinning my wheels. I was hoping to trigger a node to turn a certain color if the ping response time broke a certain threshold in an effor to proactively monitor and troubleshoot some of the WAN connections we have to countries with less than advanced infrastucture.

Regards,

Eric