cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin AP Down Alert Assitance

MY company wanted to alert on "Down" AP's. Fortunately for me there was an out-of-box alert for this. I made a couple of modifications to cater to my environment and tested it and put it in play. The alert works just fine EXCEPT that when the Wireless Lan Controller(WLC) goes into an "Unmanaged" state it sends out a down alert for all its connected AP's. This is becoming annoying because there is a reason that we are "Unmanaging" devices. I have tried to make adjustments to the alert, unfortunately my testing has not been so successful, can someone please provide some insight?

Below is a screenshot of the alert that continues to alert when the WLC is unmanaged.

AP alert2.JPG

Below is my attempt at solving that problem by trying to add in that the "Node" with "Wireless" in its name must be in an up state to trigger this alert

AP alert1.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Thin AP Down Alert Assitance

I initially put this thread in Alert Central‌ however have not received any input so I am moving it to Network Performance Monitor

0 Kudos
rharland2012
Level 15

Usually building an appropriate dependency would be the answer for this. Have you attempted to adjust the conditions to specify the WLC is 'not' in an unmanaged state?

0 Kudos

yes i have but when i add that in it looks as if the alert no longer works.

0 Kudos
rharland2012
Level 15

Strange. I do seem to remember some old threads discussing something similar to this. I would suggest opening a case with SW support - and in the meantime, perhaps you'll get some more feedback here. I think the limitation may be that since the thin APs are not managed nodes per se it may be difficult to customize the alert to produce the result you want. A clunky but effective workaround may be to disable the alert temporarily when unmanaging the WLC.

0 Kudos