This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

The shiny red ball

Sorry this is a bit of a rant but I am tired of the "oh look a shiny red ball",  please lets just get the base product fixed.

I understand and am thankful that new features are being added and developed for the Orion platform.  In my humble option this is one of the better monitoring products.

But (you knew one coming), my biggest issue is addition of these new features when the base product has known issues.  Stopping development of existing tools when there is a new something that is to replace it (Network Atlas vs Orion Maps).  Or even better Network Topology Mapper, there was a product that you had to pay for along with the maintenance, that just died.

How about going through the feature requests and working on those, I know for a fact there are requests that have been out there for 5 or more years.  Some of them I have been told at SWUGs "Oh that is easy yeah we can get that done, just put in a feature request", years later still waiting.

How about getting off the Cisco train and bring all the other manufactures to at least the same base level.  To cover the lack of other platform support you need to create Universal Device Pollers, Thank You to the Thwack Community for all the shared UnDPs.

Image result for shiny red ball