This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

The Challenges of Multi Tenancy Environments

With many MSP's using Solarwinds Orion to offer network monitoring to their clients and with my colleagues and I at Loop1 Systems having worked in many such environments, I wanted to take the opportunity to discuss the challenges and best practices we have learned from such deployments. For example, there are a number of ways of achieving connectivity to each network alongside bandwidth and latency considerations as well as overlapping IP space and availability of the monitoring platform, there are multiple facets to consider prior to deploying such a solution.

If you want to know more about what we have learned, from creating cookie cutter views when on-boarding new clients, to network discoveries and credential management best practices across the Orion Suite, now is you chance, Just Ask!

Tony Johnson

Loop1 Systems

www.loop1systems.com

• Is there a best practice for forwarding messages (outages or overloads) from my NPM to my customer's?

Or vice-versa?

• Hi bgrossman

Usually e-mail alerting is sufficient however there are a number of factors to consider. Are you providing monitoring only or are you also managing the client equipment? What is your SLA for outages? What are your thresholds for High CPU / Interface Utilisation etc?

The alert escalation feature of the advanced alert manager should provide you will a granular level on control on alert notification distribution. It is also best practice to acknowledge and add notes to all alerts trigger from within the web console.

Thanks,

Tony