cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Text boxes jump around in Network Atlas

While working with Network Atlas creating maps at a client site, I have noticed that the Text boxes I insert on a page jump around when other objects are

grouped or moved.

How can Network Atlas be configured so that the Text boxes do not move once set on the Map?

Thank You,

KMNRuser

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Level 10

This is very annoying and has been a known bug since at least may 2009!

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/26270

every time I add anything new to my map all of the labels move meaning I have to manually put them back in the right place?

0 Kudos
Level 9

It happens when you change the overall "dimensions" of the map. It is extremely irritating. If you add anything outside of the current boundaries of the overall "dimensions" Atlas will automatically move all the label text to center it with the new "dimensions" which means you have to move everything back. Completely ridiculous and incredibly irritating. Atlas is in need of a good overhaul.

Level 13

Ok, is the server in anothe country or state? Download the network atlas from the map resourse and attempt a repair. Then run the configuration wizard again as this repairs the maps. I did encounter my issues when the server was stateside and i was in ireland and this was caused by the wan not have enough juice to operate the whole centralised network even when i was on the server.

0 Kudos

The server is in the same building and is virtual.  No WAN links here...

0 Kudos
Level 13

I too have had this issue. However I find its only brief and they all seem to move back when I go to re-place the node back.

Will keep an eye out again to get a full report of what I did to combat it.

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hi,

It does not do that ordinarily unless you select the labels.I have noticed stuff like this happening when there is latency issues on to the orion core, are you using on the server or a client? Try another client.

0 Kudos

thanks for your reply,

I am working directly on our Core server and it seems to be a consistent issue.  I will place labels in certain places, and then when I try to put objects underneath the labels for administrative grouping on the map, the label jumps to another position on the map.

This is highly problematic when you are attempting to build complex maps with lots of objects.

KMNRuser

0 Kudos