cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Temporarily stop alerts during maintenance window

Jump to solution

We are going to move our Data Center soon and we would like to stop all alerts during this process so that we are not alerted. Is there an easy way to temporarily stop all alerts during this maintenance window? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
to expand on the other Twacksters comments, my preferred method for this would be to via 'Manage Nodes".

Select all the nodes which could be effected by the DC maintenance, and hover over "Maintenece Mode" at the top of the table, and select either "Mute Alerts Now" or use the "Schedule.." option and add in suitable times which cover the expected maintenance window, and choose mute alerts.

Why "mute alerts" over "maintenance"? Mainly because I like to keep an eye on my kit during maintenance, and would rather have the downtime visible in graphs etc, over being blind to it as is the case when putting a node into maintenance.

Either option would work, however, so choose whichever you prefer 😉
- Jez Marsh

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Level 11

Another option is to go on the Alert Manager, select the alert you want to switch off and slide to the off position

0 Kudos

@ramaiya2personally I would not advise using that option.

Why?

Simply because it stops ALL alerts affected by that alert action rather than the more desirable "only stop alerts on specific nodes" - so my and @silverbacksays  advice of going to manage nodes, etc is the much more appropriate method.

0 Kudos
to expand on the other Twacksters comments, my preferred method for this would be to via 'Manage Nodes".

Select all the nodes which could be effected by the DC maintenance, and hover over "Maintenece Mode" at the top of the table, and select either "Mute Alerts Now" or use the "Schedule.." option and add in suitable times which cover the expected maintenance window, and choose mute alerts.

Why "mute alerts" over "maintenance"? Mainly because I like to keep an eye on my kit during maintenance, and would rather have the downtime visible in graphs etc, over being blind to it as is the case when putting a node into maintenance.

Either option would work, however, so choose whichever you prefer 😉
- Jez Marsh

View solution in original post

@silverbacksays how do you modify the existing maintenance window if you need either more or less time than originally planned. 

0 Kudos

For your second query - if you used the schedule option, then to extend simply re-select and rerun a schedule but extend the end time to a desired one. If you wise to end it early just re-manage.

Level 12

An alternative to the other answer that we use is:

Go to: manage nodes

> Filter and select as necessary

> Hover over 'maintenance mode'

ad select your desired action.

0 Kudos
Level 10

On the Active Alerts window, under "More" you can select "Pause Actions of All Alerts" to globally prevent actions from being executed. So email won't be sent, etc.