This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Targeting interfaces and alerting on the interface

I have a request to alert when any of a set of interfaces are down. I need to define this for adding additional interfaces as well.

I have created a group and added the interfaces. I have created an alert that is targeted to only the group and if any of the group members have a status of down. Which works fine when I change an interface to Down.

The issue I have found this way is that only 1 Alert is raised per "Down" status and the alert does not show which interface has the issue (tried inserting variables) and the triggered object is the Group. Which does not help when raising the alerts as ITSM tickets

This led me to create a new Interface alert, and targeted each interface. But this is not the best way when the list of interfaces grows.

Is there a better method

Thanks