This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

TRAP Alert (and hopefully on to BMC Ticket)

We finally had one of our clients virtual Fortigates failover at the weekend which triggered my 'test' trap.rule.

Essentially there are 4 traps: fgTrapHaMemberDown, fgTrapHaHBFail, fgTrapHaStateChange, and fmTrapHASwitch that the rule looks for and if one is triggered by the end device it currently does a:

stuartd_0-1603094261859.png

My logic for the alert states:

stuartd_1-1603094374656.png

Currently I only have the test alert send me an eMail when it triggers.

My question is, can I build out my 'trigger actions' in a similar manner to any of our our standard alerts?

iow, can i use the various $SwisEntity info as I need to be able to punch this info into a batch file which then integrates with our BMC ticketing system?

Trouble is, I don't have access to a test Fortigate to failover so have to wait for one to trigger, so be grateful for anyone that has already travelled this route to advise.