cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 21

Syslog Display on Additional Web Server Not Updated?

Jump to solution

I have found that the Syslog view on my additional web servers is not updated as I make changes to what should get displayed.

If I go into the Win32 Syslog Viewer console and change which columns should be displayed the Syslog viewer on the additional web servers does not reflect these changes; however, the Syslog viewer on my primary system does.

Can somebody please explain to me what I need to do in order to get the Syslog viewer to get updated on the additional web servers?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 13

Hi,

This is a setting that is, unfortunately, still in the registry.  If you are willing to take the risk, you can edit this setting on your additional web server.

First look at the setting on your primary server, located in the registry at:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\[Wow6432Node\]SolarWinds.net\Syslog Viewer\Settings\Display Fields

Note that "Wow6432Node" is there if your machine is 64 bit.  The value of this Key should be a comma delimited list of the columns you are displaying in your syslog view.

Copy this information to the same key on your additional web server and refresh your additional web syslog page (noting that if your additional web server is not 64 bit then it won't have/need the Wow6432Node part).

Please let me know if this works for you and be careful editing the registry, always back things up.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 13

Hi,

This is a setting that is, unfortunately, still in the registry.  If you are willing to take the risk, you can edit this setting on your additional web server.

First look at the setting on your primary server, located in the registry at:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\[Wow6432Node\]SolarWinds.net\Syslog Viewer\Settings\Display Fields

Note that "Wow6432Node" is there if your machine is 64 bit.  The value of this Key should be a comma delimited list of the columns you are displaying in your syslog view.

Copy this information to the same key on your additional web server and refresh your additional web syslog page (noting that if your additional web server is not 64 bit then it won't have/need the Wow6432Node part).

Please let me know if this works for you and be careful editing the registry, always back things up.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

While this is certainly an answer, it's not exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I hope there are plans to resolve this.

0 Kudos

Hi byrona--

I'll make sure the Product Manager sees you feedback.

M

0 Kudos

We do have a defect filed to address, but Karlo wanted to give you a workaround so you were not stranded

0 Kudos

Just curious if you guys have any idea when this issue might be resolved?

0 Kudos

Wow, responses from three SW employees, I feel special!  Thanks to you all for your responses, I will go ahead with the work around if I need this implemented immediately, if my team changes their mind I will wait until it's more easily implemented.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Well that's cos you are special, byron!

M

0 Kudos