This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Switch Port Interface Uptime Chart

Here is what i'm trying to do:

In our organization we want to do some clean-up of switch ports which are Operationally down but administratively up, in addition to implementing the solarwinds unpluggable feature. To do this I need to identify ports which can be administratively shutdown an which can be identified as unpluggables. The trick is to not shutdown ports which have unpluggable items in them like desktop computers. So I went to Report writer and operated on the premise that I could use the ifLastChange poller and sysuptime pollers to get me a list of how long since the last change of an interface and filter this list by down interfaces. So the assumption is if an interface is down and the ifLastChange transformation is greater than 10 days then we will mark that port for shutdown. I have a transform which subtracts the ifLastChange from Sysuptime and divides by 840000. With all the pollers applied.

I need the report to list by interface the time in days since last change, interface description, machine type, IP address, and Node name.,

Now, I am having a very hard time getting the query to work and i'm at the end of my SQL knowledge, so i'm asking the community to help me out on this one. I am getting a blank IFOpStatus column. I'm also getting an error whenever I remove the TOP 1 from the query, saying the query returned multiple values.

SELECT

Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID,

Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,

Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address,

Nodes.MachineType AS Machine_Type,

IFDescLabel = ( SELECT TOP 1 CustomPollerLabels.Label

FROM Nodes, CustomPollerStatus, CustomPollerLabels, CustomPollerAssignment, CustomPollers

WHERE

Nodes.NodeID = CustomPollerAssignment.NodeID

AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerLabels.CustomPollerAssignmentID

AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID

AND CustomPollerStatus.RowID = CustomPollerlabels.RowID AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomPollers.CustomPollerID

AND CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'InterfaceUptime'

),

IFUptime = ( SELECT TOP 1 CustomPollerStatus.Status

FROM Nodes, CustomPollerStatus, CustomPollerLabels, CustomPollerAssignment, CustomPollers

WHERE

AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerLabels.CustomPollerAssignmentID

AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID

AND CustomPollerStatus.RowID = CustomPollerlabels.RowID AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomPollers.CustomPollerID

AND CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'InterfaceUptime' AND (Nodes.MachineType LIKE '%37xx%') AND

(CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'InterfaceUptime') AND

(CustomPollerStatus.Rate > 90)  AND (CustomPollerStatus.Rate < 100)

),

IFOpStatus = ( SELECT TOP 1 CustomPollerStatus.Status

WHERE

AND CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'ifOperStatus'

)

FROM    Nodes

WHERE   Nodes.NodeID IN ( SELECT  Nodes.NodeID

FROM    CustomPollerAssignment CPA

INNER JOIN CustomPollers CP

ON CPA.CustomPollerID = CP.CustomPollerID

AND CP.UniqueName IN ('InterfaceUptime', 'ifOperStatus') )

• I also made this query prior to the previous but it did not go far enough. I could not figure out how to add another status to the report using the ifOperStatus MIB.

SELECT

Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID,

Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,

Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address,

Nodes.MachineType AS Machine_Type,

CustomPollerLabels.Label,

CustomPollerStatus.Status

FROM

Nodes, CustomPollerStatus, CustomPollerLabels, CustomPollerAssignment, CustomPollers

WHERE

AND CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'InterfaceUptime' AND (Nodes.MachineType LIKE '%37xx%') AND

(CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'InterfaceUptime') AND

(CustomPollerStatus.Rate <= 100) AND  (CustomPollerStatus.Rate > 90)

ORDER BY

Nodes.Caption,

Nodes.NodeID,

Nodes.IP_Address,

Nodes.MachineType,

CustomPollerLabels.Label,

CustomPollerStatus.Status