This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Suppressing reboot alerts only on certain nodes?

I have a few printers that we manage for our EMEA colleagues. We poll these printers using SNMP.

These printers get turned on and off a good bit, and we invariably get quite a few reboot alerts as a result of this.

I decided to suppress the reboot notifications for these specific nodes.

To that end, I populated the 'Comments' field in their custom properties with the word 'Printer', and then modified the reboot alert definition in Advanced Alert Manager to only trigger the alert when Boot Time had changed (the default condition) and Comments field did NOT contain 'Printer'.

For some reason, however, that seems to have suppressed all reboot alerts for all nodes.

I'm not positive why this isn't doing what I think it should, or if I am simply misinterpreting the effective definition of the alert.

Any information or previous experience with this situation would be great to hear.

Thanks!