cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Supported wireless systems with NPM?

Jump to solution

Are there any plans to support other WLAN systems besides Aruba and Cisco in NPM? Such as Trapeze or Meru?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Meru is next on my priority list, but nothing I can commit to at this point, we are working on planning for the next release right now.  However, in the meantime, Meru themselves have created a bunch of Universal Device Pollers and posted them to the content exchange you can use

View solution in original post

54 Replies

hi guys, we are looking for SNMP walks for Ruckus WL APs - ideally with firmware 9.4 or hire. can you help here and send it to michal.hrncirik@solarwinds.com?

0 Kudos
Level 7

I'll throw another vote in for the Ruckus Zone Director.

Level 7

I too will add my voice to the trapeze community.  We have dual controllers and over 100 APs.  I see that this is a slow moving request, is there another way to expedite it and get a real date?  I have seen responses for Meru, but not much addressing trapeze.  I am open to being contacted directly by Solarwinds and potentially throwing money at this solution.  cmurphy@gvec.org

Thanks

0 Kudos

So noted.  Trapeze was 2nd or 3rd based on feedback I have received.  No real way to make the request to go faster.  Even though it won't show up in the wireless tab, you should be able to get much of the same data via UnDP's.  We are evaluating adding additional vendors based on customer demand and balancing that against other features.  Meru was something we were hearing quite a bit, so we added that in the next release giving us Aruba, Cisco and Meru out of the box for controller.  Unfortunantly, it is not as easy as just throwing money at it.  Once we add support for it, we need to ensure we have the gear in our lab for testing/development as well as there is enough community demand to make it worthwhile to maintain going forward. 

0 Kudos
Level 14

I'd like to vote for Motorola as well.  The Cisco stuff I have in our office spaces works great, but the Motorola stuff I have in our warehouses not so much...

Dwyane

0 Kudos
Level 7

Another Vote Meru. 

I have been reading through the Posts for this and it has been almost a year for this request.  What about a REAL update on this?

0 Kudos

Meru is next on my priority list, but nothing I can commit to at this point, we are working on planning for the next release right now.  However, in the meantime, Meru themselves have created a bunch of Universal Device Pollers and posted them to the content exchange you can use

View solution in original post

I'm in a Trapeze shop and am an Orion customer. I'd like to see some Orion support for Trapeze.

0 Kudos

We would like support for HP Prpcurve AP's and Teklogix 9160 Wireless gateways.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 9

Yes, another vote for Trapeze, 12 MXs around the world and over 80 APs.

Please and thank you!

0 Kudos

Another vote for Trapeze.  We have over 60 MXs and several hundred APs.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Id love to see support for Proxim.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am adding a vote for Ruckus Zone director. I haven't seen any ability to add a community to the individual APs (I only have experience with 7962s. Maybe other models have snmp capabilities but I doubt it)

0 Kudos

would like to add my vote for Ruckus controller support

0 Kudos

I second Ruckus.  We are deploying a Zone Director and Zone Flex 7363 APs.  Orion reads them as net-snmp and can see interface but doesn't realize they are wireless.  Do I need to import a MIB?

0 Kudos

Ruckus APs do have SNMP capabilities. We have been deploying 2942s for the past couple years and are now also deploying 2741s/7942s. Our deployments are typically as thick APs with SNMP monitoring via custom pollers in Orion.

According to the 7962 data sheet (http://www.ruckuswireless.com/pdf/ds-zoneflex-7962.pdf):

"The ZoneFlex 7962 can be managed as a standalone AP through a Web-based GUI, using SNMP or through the Ruckus FlexMaster Wi-Fi remote management system."

Look for the following commands in the Ruckus CLI:

set remote-mgmt
set snmp
set snmp-acl

If you're using the GUI, look under the "Administration | Management" section.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Are there any updates as to when / if Trapeze wireless will be supported?

0 Kudos

Controller or regular AP's?  Next on my list based on demand is Meru

0 Kudos

Any idea on when Controller based Meru support might show up in NPM?

0 Kudos

Hey all, Meru is still on our list to add to the product out of the box, however, in the meantime, Meru wrote some UnDP's and posted them to the context exchange, see

0 Kudos