This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Support for Palo Altos

Are there any plans to include support for Palo Alto appliances in a future release?

• We have discussions about that, but no solid plan yet. (171941)

As a matter of fact, in order to fuel those discussions, we are looking for examples of customer Palo Alto configs (we can deal with sanitized configs without real IP's for ex).

If this is something you can help us with, please contact me (I will also ping you)

• Being integrated with the Solarwinds and PA SMEs and am wondering if there has been any progress for Palo Alto support.

• Yes,

What is the current status of integration?  We've recently purchased 2 5060s and 5 PA-200s.  I have a long list of "recommended OIDs from the vendor, but how exactly do I integrate this information into Orion?

• Hi stingcb,

I am currently creating PA specific custom pollers. Can you share the list of recommended OIDs?

I have posted a couple of pollers here and here.

I'd really like to look over that list and see what else we should be polling.

Thanks!

• This thread would be better positioned in NPM not in FSM, since it relates to monitoring of the device. FSM would be involved in managing the PA's configuration from a security audit and config cleanup perspective, but no link with SNMP OIDs.

We'll move it if OK with you, stingcb

• By all means move the thread to the location you think it is most appropriate.

• Andy,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you.

These are the items I have:

CPU utilization on management plane

Utilization of CPUs on dataplane that are used for system functions

Utilization of CPUs on dataplane that are used for packet processing

Management plane memory and dataplane packet buffer

Names of each interface on the device

Interface up/down status

Interface in counters

Interface in errors

Interface out counters

System uptime

GlobalProtect gateway utilization

% session utilization

Active ICMP Sessions

Active UDP Sessions

Active TCP Sessions

Total Active Sessions

VSYS active sessions

VSYS session % utilization

I'e got a bunch of others (HA and whatnot), the document I have is confidential/proprietary to Palo.  I'm sure if you ask your Palo rep they can give it to you.  If your rep doesn't have it give me his contact info and I can give it to him and let him forward it to you.

I still don't understand how to add these items in Solarwinds though so all these OIDs can be monitored.  Can someone tell me how to do that or is there documentation somewhere?

Brandon

• Thanks Brandon.

I have posted a UnDP poller for HA status. https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-175583

Many of the OIDs you list are standard, so thing like interface status and interface utilization will add just by adding the node in NPM. Have you added any of these devices yet? If so, take a look at what is provided out-of--the-box and note what else you want/need to see. From that list I can create a more complete collection of PA custom pollers.

Andy