This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Suggestion - Test Fire Alert Window

I have ~2000 nodes in Orion.

I am building alerts.

I want to test an alert that begins with SVXEAPP.

I click on the drop box "Alert on Network Node" and there's all the nodes.

(SUGGESTION)

Allow me to type the name of the node I am looking for in that box.

(/SUGGESTION)

Its so frustrating to have to use the little (yes, its little because I have so many nodes) slider on the right side to get myself close to the range of where the node is and then eventually zero in on the one I am actually looking for.  It'd be SO much easier to just be able to type in that space.

thanks

• I would like to suggest you an option which must help you to solve the problem and this option can be very handy when you want to create alerts which is not available as a defualt.

In the "Trigger Condition" tab of the Alert Manager,there is an option named "Custom SQL Alert" available in the dropdown corresponding to the field "Type of Property to Monitor".

Then you could write a SQL Query according to the needs and then you should start seeing the alerts.

• I would like to suggest you an option which must help you to solve the problem and this option can be very handy when you want to create alerts which is not available as a default.

In the "Trigger Condition" tab of the Alert Manager,there is an option named "Custom SQL Alert" available in the drop-down corresponding to the field "Type of Property to Monitor".

Then you could write a SQL Query according to the needs and then you should start seeing the alerts.

• I'm not really sure how this pertains to my suggestion for a typing search in the Test-Fire-Alert window...

I see that's good for building custom alerts, but it still doesn't help me quickly select a specific node 1379 nodes down the list...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Zach

• What you are asking for makes sense.  I am opening an enhancement request to look to make this simpler in a future release.

• Brandon,  I would take that a bit further.  Like search in general needs some works so does the alert interface.   At this point in the game it seriously needs some Dev lovin.  It needs to be reworked with the thought in mind that many people now have 50-100+ alerts and the current interface at that point is very slow and painful.