cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Spacing nodes properly in maps

Hi All,

I am trying to create a map for my Data Center but when I drag a bunch of nodes on the map, they are all huddled together and look terrible.  The names overlap one another and I can't seem to get them spaced properly.  I have used the Vertical and Horizontal allignments, and distribution evenly, they make it look even worse.  If anyone has experienced this and knows how to correct it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Roberto

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 10

I've never really had an issue spacing nodes in Atlas before.  When I space, I select the nodes and labels separately, because the labels move when the nodes move.  So, I will select only the nodes, horizontally or vertically align, and then grab just the labels and align those as well.  You can drag and drop the nodes or the labels as a group if they are all selected and space accordingly.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks for the reply timf, but my problem is when I start a new blank map, I drag let's say 20 nodes in, they form a small cube of maybe 4 nodes across, and 5 nodes down, the names all overlapping each other, not looking too good.  The only way I find I can move them is to select a row of nodes, maybe vertically, them drag them off to the side, then select another row and drag those too.  This is extremely time consuming when you have 300 or 400 nodes to place.  I would imagine there should be a better way to spaces nodes when you drag them to a map.

0 Kudos
Level 7

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Have you looked at the auto-formatting capabilities in Atlas?  If you click on the edit tab there are some auto-arrange options up there

0 Kudos