This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Sorting UnDP Report breaks status row?

Just created a simple historical UnDP report showing node name (apc ups's) and the date when the battery was replaced (populated from UnDP). I was wanting to sort by date, but when I sort by date and preview the status changes from date to a bunch of "unkowns" and a few random "up, down". Same happens to the status category even if I sort by node name or change to different trigger poller. 

This is the first report I created, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong, but wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

• well, what are you polling with your UnDP and how does your report look like?

• Don't have access to the server over the weekend so can't post any screen shots. But, the report is just

Node Name                Statitistic

exNodeName              08/10/09

exNodeName2            05/05/07

The statistic is from a UnDP on OID 1.3.1.4.1.318.1.1.2.1.3 (APCupsBasicBatteryLastReplaceDate), although if I change it to a different UnDP with just some int output, it still ends up breaking. 

• how is your report set up?

is it advanced sql? if so, post the source

if its not, post a screenshot on monday.

maybe someone can help you solve the problem

• Haven't written any advanced SQL, so just made it from the historical UnDP template, with

Node Name sort* function *

Statistic (from poller group) sort * function *

Trigger:

Custom Node Poller is equal to Last_Battery_Replace_Date

Time Frame=past 10 mins (so that it only shows 1 date per each node)

And Formated Statistic Row to Date/Month, so that it shows e.g. February 2009 instead of 2/xx/09 

The preview looks fine until I try to to change the sort *, for either the Node Name or Statistic, at which point the Statistic Row changes to a bunch of "unknown, up, down, etc..." instead of dates

• Here are some screenshots, 1st is how the report looks before I set sort decending for status (does the same for node name), and second is after I set sort decending.

• Not sure why that wasn't working but ended up writing an SQL, which fixed the problem (also added it to only show >4 years). SQL has been added to content exchange ()