This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Sonar Discovery page generates error

FormerMember
FormerMember

Dears,

we are using NPM Version 10.1.1

we did our first Sonar discovery and it was successful, but whenever we want to perform a new discovery, the Sonar discovery page generates the following error:

The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionClientSettings`1+ClientSecurityDuplexSessionChannel[System.ServiceModel.Channels.IDuplexSessionChannel], cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.
kindly help

• DamatiMan--

I checked the support logs for this error and have some things for you to try.

1. Check out this KB article. 
    2. Make sure that you have enough space on your SQL Server for the database as this has been known to cause the error. 
    If these don't work, you'll need to run diagnostics before contacting support. Also, I read that support did the following after receiving 
    diagnostics. They may or may not apply to your configuration, but you can try them.
    1. Shrink the database and the transaction log
    2. Fix the Network Service Permissions problem. 
    3. Set the database connection timeouts from 20 to 200 and from 90 to 900 (or use different values depending on your configuration).
    4. Set up a discard for informational syslogs. 
    5. Repair Orion installation.
    Let me know if this helps,
    M
  • If you own the product, feel free to open a support ticket.  If you are evaluating the product, please post back and we can get an SE to reach out to assist you

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to bshopp

Dears,

thanks for your reply, we already tried the KB post but did not fix our issue.

we are evaluating the produc and we have to send managemetn report for the PoC by next week and until now we have only 3 devices !!!

• Gotcha, since you are evaluating I have sent an SE your info and I am going to have them reach out to you to assist.