cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Sometimes Solarwinds is unable to access some devices and at that particular time it is showing the 100 percent packet loss

Sometimes Solarwinds is unable to access some devices and at that particular time it is showing the 100 percent packet  loss. And we are receiving the node down alert for that particular device. While checking from the device end, the device is running fine and it is up , I have even checked with the SNMP access for that particular device. SNMP is also up and fine.  Could anyone please let me know what would be the cause for not accessing the devices. Your help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hi there,

If you can manually ping the Noce in question using cmd from the Orion server then it sounds like there's something wrong with your Orion installation.

In that case, I would open a support ticket and have a fresh set of diagnostics ready to be uploaded.

0 Kudos
Level 7

just to add the point I have pinged the node only after it came up. Because after the node came up only we have noticed that the particular Node is not having the problem in the interval that the alert got fired.

0 Kudos
MVP
MVP

You could do a packet capture from the poller as well as one from the polled device.  For a period that shows the device down falsely, verify that ICMP traffic was received from the poller and that the response was sent back.  Verify on the polled device and the poller.  Wireshark is your friend.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi Deltona,

Thanks for the response. I do also like to mention that the device which is unable to access is coming up after 2 to 5 mins.

And the Solarwinds is able to access all the other devices efficiently.

If this is still a problem with installation then we can open a support case.

0 Kudos