Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Solarwinds and GCP Load balancing

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have trouble with GCP Load Balancing pointing web fronts. As Solarwinds refuse to support this, I request help here

- We are using Solarwinds full hosted on GCP.

- We use WAF (Imperva) to publish our Solarwinds instance on Internet (the same url is used from WAN and LAN)

- The url is pointing on two additional polling engines, each one in a different GCP zone, so two instance groups are configured in the backend.

- The load balancing is configured on "utilization rate" so when the rate is above 80%, users are redirected to the other front

The problem is that once the rate is above 80% on web front 1, ALL users are disconnected from web front 1 and we have to log again on web front 2, instead of keeping existing connections on web front 1 and point new connections to web front 2 

I thought first it was a session persistance problem, but the GSLB cookie is well created on the client browser 

Do other people use GCP load balancing pointing additional web fronts ? 

At the moment, only one additional web engine is up, because it's not usable

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 11
Think we found the issue thanks to Google support : the balance mode must be different than UTILIZATION (set it to RATE) to keep persistance session

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 11
Think we found the issue thanks to Google support : the balance mode must be different than UTILIZATION (set it to RATE) to keep persistance session

View solution in original post

0 Kudos