This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds always authentic login

Hello all,

any document how to solve this issue, everytime I click on menu, there is always appear prompt for auth

pastedImage_0.png

thank you,

Regards.

• I have seen this myself, on my own Orion. system.

At first I thought it was Chrome playing up, but noticed that IE was also exhibiting the same behaviour on logins.

Except that in Chrome, you can cancel out and F5 refresh, until the Orion login appears again.

But it doesn't seem to affect all users (i.e. no one else has complained about it).

I am upgrading tomorrow, to Orion 2017.3, fingers crossed it will sort the issue, failing that I will raise a support call for it.

I will let you know, how I get on.

• Does this have anything to do with having your browser remember your credentials?  Or with a corporate Active Directory Group Policy that forbids caching credentials?

• sean.martinez​ may have some good troubleshooting tips on this.  He is the authentication SME. 

Thanks,

Eric

• Looks like you may have Windows Integrated Authentication enabled on your IIS site, or you've modified the permissions to the SolarWinds website on the file system. I recommend going into IIS, delete the website and the AppPool. Next, delete the website entirely from the file system 'C:\inetpub\solarwinds' is the default path. Next, re-run the Configuration WIzard. That should restore the website to its default state.

• Is it the same as this?

No matter my choice of browsers (although I tend to favour Firefox), when I first type the address of our Orion interface in the address bar

I get this pop up

sw_login1.jpg

I close it (Red X), then am presented with this.. which logs me in...

sw_login2.jpg

Not sure how long ago that started for me, I don't have browser enabled "remember my credentials" turned on, I do however use a password safe program that has been added to the browsers...

It's curious but not a biggy... in a way its like another level of protection against anyone who tries to login that should not be... as no matter the login put in the first Authentication screen it never is successful...

;-)

• Sounds like you have the following highlighted option enabled in the Configuration Wizard. This tells IIS to handle the Authenitcaiton, rather than Orion. Orion utilizes Forms based authentication which is what you see when you click 'cancel' to the Windows Auth prompt.

pastedImage_0.png

• yes.. I think the problem come from IIS authentication

thank you all

• aLTeReGo​  Yup you nailed it.... the Auto login was enabled..... when I disabled this the pop-up no longer appears. Thanks !!