This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds Orion Management Pack for SCOM

FormerMember
FormerMember

I am trying to install the Solarwinds Orion Management Pack for SCOM on our test system and it is failing each time with the following error "RestartService: couldn't open service database for HealthService"

This is on the RMS server, the SQL server is remote for SCOM.

Current versions are as follows: -

• SCOM 2007 R2
  • Windows 2008 64bit
  • SQL 2008
  • Orion Management Pack 1.1

Any help on this would be great as its the missing link in our Service Management Strategy.

Regards Jon 

• Few points regarding the question:
    • Orion SCOM MP should be installed on RMS with running  OM health and SDK services
    • Installation should be run under account with permissions to restart health service
    • Regarding remote SQL – it not a problem – just make sure that OM SDK/actions accounts have enough permissions to write performance data into the database
    PS: please note, AFAIK, Orion MP SCOM hasn’t been tested on RMS/clustered RMS environments

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to bshopp

Thanks for the advice, I thought that I had followed all of this however I got around the problem by installing as the local administrator.  I had been using an account that was a member of the Administors group but it seems this didn't have all the permisions required.

Jon