cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Solarwinds Orion Management Pack for SCOM

Jump to solution

I am trying to install the Solarwinds Orion Management Pack for SCOM on our test system and it is failing each time with the following error "RestartService: couldn't open service database for HealthService"

This is on the RMS server, the SQL server is remote for SCOM.

Current versions are as follows: -

• SCOM 2007 R2
  • Windows 2008 64bit
  • SQL 2008
  • Orion Management Pack 1.1

Any help on this would be great as its the missing link in our Service Management Strategy.

Regards Jon 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Thanks for the advice, I thought that I had followed all of this however I got around the problem by installing as the local administrator.  I had been using an account that was a member of the Administors group but it seems this didn't have all the permisions required.

Jon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Few points regarding the question:

• Orion SCOM MP should be installed on RMS with running  OM health and SDK services
  • Installation should be run under account with permissions to restart health service
  • Regarding remote SQL – it not a problem – just make sure that OM SDK/actions accounts have enough permissions to write performance data into the database

PS: please note, AFAIK, Orion MP SCOM hasn’t been tested on RMS/clustered RMS environments

Thanks for the advice, I thought that I had followed all of this however I got around the problem by installing as the local administrator.  I had been using an account that was a member of the Administors group but it seems this didn't have all the permisions required.

Jon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos