This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds Integration with SMSEagle or similar.

Hi Everyone.

We've been using Solarwinds for some time and recently decided to invest in an SMS Eagle solution so that we could receive texts for alerts as well as e-mails.  The instructions on this link are fairly simple  https://www.smseagle.eu/integration-plugins/solarwinds-npm-sms-integration/  , but when I test the alert that I set up, I just get a message that says "Failed to execute HTTP request" .

Has anyone had experience of using SMSEagle or similar SMS system with NPM? Any advice is most welcome.

• I am also looking to setup a pair of these for Solarwinds critical alerts.

Not so much a fan of setting up a HTTP post for every alert with the password in it.  Not encrypted an a pain to change every instance later. And hard to see the message in the URL.

You can also use SMTP.  This is what we are looking to do.  Alert defined in easy to read place.  You can also set a backup mail server.  We may not may not use this to fail over to using an external SMS service.

I will do a monitor to show status of the SMSEagles.  I could also use an alert off this to set failover to the SMS service.  Still thinking it though.

• Thanks frak. In the meantime we've looked at sending the alert as an email to a phone number (for example 07*****@(IPaddressof SMSEagle). This works, but obviously there  is no authentication because it doesn't use the SMSEagle user details setup using the procedure they describe. 

• I plan to 'email' named groups setup the SMSEagle appliance.

Should be doing this soon, now I finally have them on my desk, to setup.