cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Solarwinds API

Do solarwinds provide any kind of API to get the network data monitored by SolarWindows toolset?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 9

This post is over 5 years old, so I guess I'll ask the question.

Did Solarwinds ever come out with an API with any of its latest releases?

Version 9.5 is the latest version and no we have not released an API.  What specifically are you looking to accomplish?

0 Kudos

I don't know about anyone else, but our programmer specifically asked about an API to add/remove/modify sub/supernets and IPs from IPAM.  He can certainly create his own functions to do all the work involved, but his concern is that changes to IPAM will break his app, and potentially break IPAM in return.

0 Kudos

As the IPAM PM I will log that as a feature request for IPAM

0 Kudos

Hi Brandon.

It has been a couple years so I was wondering if there is now an API to interact with Solarwinds, specifically the IPAM database.  

Alternatively do you have a document that lists some stored procs we could leverage for adding IP's, marking them reserved, etc?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

We do now have an SDK for Orion, see here for more info

0 Kudos
Level 7

Solarwinds do not offer an official API. I happen to know that there are ways to interface into the system programtically, but this is not supported by Solarwinds. IMO, Solarwinds could improve their market penetration by offering an official API (even at an additional cost); this would make this product a serious contender in the enterprise NMS field; integrators like myself would have a field day with it!
0 Kudos
Level 7

All the monitored data is saved in the database. Since it's in SQL format, you can work with it any way you need to.

// Ian Underwood - Service Management
// Level 3 Communications
0 Kudos