This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds Orion Upgrade minus 1 Module

Hi everyone,

I've got a simple question regarding our upcoming upgrade from Orion v9.5 to v10, just making sure I go thorugh the upgrade smoothly. In our current 9.5 system, we have NPM, NCM and IPAM..but moving forward to v.10, we will be dropping IPAM already. Before upgrading, should I make sure that I uninstall IPAM first? Or after installing IPAM, should I run the Configuration Wizard first after uninstalling IPAM then proceed with the upgrade?Hope someone have had the same setup and made the transition smoothly.

Thanks in advance :) 

• Paulo,

You will want to uninstall IPAM before proceeding with your upgrade.  This will ensure that there is no version conflict with this module and the latest version of Orion.  After the uninstall completes, the configuration wizard will auto-launch.  Run through this to reconfigure your system without IPAM.  Once complete, then proceed with the upgrade of Orion NPM.

• Hi Matt,

Just the sequence that I wanted to do, but you erased any doubt that it would cause any hassle in the upgrade. Many thanks!