cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

SolarWinds Agent using 2-3+ GB RAM

We're noticing that the SolarWinds agent is consuming a significant amount of RAM on our servers.

In this instance, it's using over 3GB.

pastedImage_0.png

Restarting the agent does temporarily alleviate the issue. I'm thinking of running a scheduled task on all my servers to restart the agent daily, but that seems to be masking the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

72 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Is it the same SolarWinds.ServiceHost.Process as the original poster that's leaking memory?

0 Kudos
Level 12

aLTeReGo,

I can't speak for other people, but yes is the Solarwinds.ServiceHost.Process that's eating up the memory in our environment.  This screenshot says it all, Solarwinds.ServiceHost.Process is talking 6.45 Gig of memory from one system, while taking over a Gig of memory on other systems.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Thank you to everyone who opened a support cases regarding the issue outlined in this thread. Because of your assistance our engineering teams have identified the cause of the issue and are now working on developing a fix. 

Level 12

Cpeheotel, Yes hotfix 6 didn't do much to resolve our issue either.  Our case #00155294 is still open and every couple of days we get the usual, "....update from DEV and they are requesting another dump files for the specific service...".  I wouldn't be surprised if we've sent them a dozen dump files by now.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

If you haven't opened a case with support yet, please do so immediately. We will need a memory dump of the 'SolarWinds.ServiceHost.Process' when it's consuming 500MB of RAM or more to determine root the cause of this memory leak.

Level 9

Will do.

Level 15

What the configuration orion server ?

A Think you need reinstall this service.

0 Kudos
Level 17

It's definitely not normal. Which products and versions are you running? You can find them in the footer of the web console.

What is the agent configured to monitor?

0 Kudos
Level 9

We're on the latest version of everything, except NTA.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Level 9

I won't be much help here other than saying you're not alone. We have the agent running on about 100 nodes in our environment and since we upgraded to 2018.2, we've hit a few instances where the agent just start swallowing RAM. We restart the service and it goes away. I opened a support case for it but the only "solution" that was given was to restart it, which really feels unacceptable as a response. I had even captured full agent logs and submitted them with my support case but never got a solid answer on why.