This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Since upgrading to 2020 our solarwinds is repeating events and not triggering down events.

Ever since upgrading last week from 2019 to 2020 when we have a node go down it will send the event "x has stopped responding (request timed out)" every 3 minutes forever until the node comes back up. also the "Node is down" event often does not trigger.  Right now i'm looking at a node that is hard down but its in warning and has been for 30 minutes instead of on 2019 where it would have shown as down within a minute.  

2 issues:

When a node is down i don't want it to populate the event log with "Request timed out" every 3 minutes.  

and why isn't the "node is down" event triggering when the node is down?  

Thank you very much for your help!

EDIT: i've attached a photo which i think outlines the issue better.   See how long it took to send Node is down and how many time outs it got before that?