cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Since updating to 2019.4 cannot get rid of Log Analyzer 1 product in evaluation banner

Jump to solution

So I upgraded NPM to 2019.4 in order to get the new traps alerts functionality and it installed a trial license of Log Analyzer that is causing the banner to show up. From what I've read if I uninstall Log Analyzer I loose the traps alerting functionality that although part of Log Analyzer is included in NPM as well since 2019.4 (ORION LOG VIEWER NOW SHIPPING WITH ORION PLATFORM PRODUCTS TO REPLACE LEGACY SYSLOGS AND TRAPS ). I really need that functionality, but the client is very upset about the banner and wants it gone and the banner also adds another 200 ms load time to every page to an already slow webconsole.

I've already opened a case about it, but the support guy just gave me a procedure to revert to the old traps system which is not what I need.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Re: Since updating to 2019.4 cannot get rid of Log Analyzer 1 product in evaluation banner

Jump to solution

When you upgraded did you select the product LA? In order to get the features you shouldn't need to do that as the basic version is built into the core. Although I'm not to sure how to proceed if you did. I too would like to see what other ideas are out there.

I do have a lab, I can attempt to install LA and then uninstall it and see if I still retain the basic functionality you are looking for.

0 Kudos

Re: Since updating to 2019.4 cannot get rid of Log Analyzer 1 product in evaluation banner

Jump to solution

I don't remember checking the box for LA. The notification isn't only annoying and a resource hog, but could cause trouble in case of an audit.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

If you look in the Control Panel->Programs and features do you see SolarWinds Log Analyzer AND SolarWinds Log Viewer? In my lab environment where I just installed the basic core (did not select LA as a product to install) all I see is Log Viewer, after installing LA as a product I now see both

Once my install is complete i'm going to remove Log Analyzer and see what happens

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you, I will try it in a lab as well.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have tried removing log analyzer from add remove and rebooting my lab instance and the license expired is still there.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes that was the behavior I saw as well yesterday, I removed it and still saw it as an installed product in my environment, even the web console presented me with option that are only available when the full version is installed. I wonder what happens if you do a complete uninstall of all the products and re-install pointing to the same DB

0 Kudos
JaroslawLadyga
Level 13

Jump to solution

Did you try to run Config Wizard after uninstallation? Another idea - maybe that document will help: Uninstall LA/OLV and restore legacy syslog and trap services

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

yup ran through the config wiz and everything. Unfortunately, the goal is to retain the new feature without reverting to the legacy services, maybe possibly reverting back to legacy and then re-installing the new features

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Solved using the tool migration.exe /hide=LM:1