cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davealger
Level 9

Re: Show us a NOC view and get 500 thwack points!

Cool.  I love Alert Central.  It is so pretty!  

Ticketing system with a shift notes function - it also acts as the CMDB and receives tickets from Solarwinds (alarm emails) which is historically tracked against the devices.

Looking forward to SAM 6 to fill in some of the gaps on actively monitoring some configurations and maybe compare against our CMDB for reporting.

0 Kudos
jcherpeski
Level 9

We use our ticketing system (Heat by Front Range ) and e-mail to a central address.  There are only 6 of us, and we only monitor the network devices (and our own 6 servers).  Using the e-mail system allows us to keep the info indefinitely in an easily searched format. 

0 Kudos
jwilson2013
Level 12

Yes, what John said. It's very clean. Well done.

0 Kudos
jwilson2013
Level 12

Our NOC view is still a work in progress, but I'm liking some of the ideas presented.

NOC_View.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bronx
Level 15

Or you can build your own like I did! Read the following series to learn how to build it. I provide the all the things you need plus the code!

quad.png

Ahem, I expect my 500 points Miss Kellie.

rerasmus
Level 9

Thank you. It's still a work in progress, but it is really helping us to get a view on a real complex application.

0 Kudos
rerasmus
Level 9

Haha... I find it helps my whole NOC team to see the components in a graphical format with the status on it. It's clear to see what "broke" and what will be impacted.

0 Kudos
meech
Level 13

can you check now?

0 Kudos
jcherpeski
Level 9

Points are there.  Thanks Kellie!

0 Kudos