cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

Show us a NOC view and (don't ) get 500 thwack points (we still want to see, points no longer awarded)

The User Experience group wants to see how you've customized your Orion to create your own NOC view, or NOC views you like and are using from other products.  What do you like about your NOC view? What challenges, frustrations or issues do you have with it?--Show us your NOC view either here OR email it directly to me at kellie.mecham@solarwinds.com and share your NOC view stories by August 10 and we'll award you 500 thwack points for sharing.

UPDATE: we're no longer awarding points for this, but it's become a really popular post.  Please continue to share how you create NOC views, pictures of them, etc with each other as there has been clear value to users in seeing what other users do, but UX can no longer award points for this.

Message was edited by: Kellie Mecham

357 Replies

Kellie,

I posted our NOC view, but no points.  I am assuming that you are busy...

0 Kudos

can you check now?

0 Kudos

I emailed mine to you from my work account on 8/13.  No points showing at this time.

0 Kudos

I also haven't received my points

0 Kudos

Points are there.  Thanks Kellie!

0 Kudos

on it right now, all!  I may not get to all the points before I leave today, but will by tomorrow, which means you should all see them by Friday.

0 Kudos

Here's a dashboard we put up on portrait LCD near the cubes... all the details are on are other summary pages.

Names have been changed to protect the innocent, etc, etc...

NetworkMap-2.aspx.jpeg

here is our weak and worthless view... at least compared to some of these other views... we are below basic...

noc-view-edit.JPG

0 Kudos

informative non the less. But it looks like the ajax view and the hostages might be the same or similar. I would group those with custom regions.. Either vendor, or location/rack #, etc and allowing a drill down on the ajax view might make that list under it fully viewable...or at least show more on the screen.

0 Kudos

yeah, I actually didn't even notice that there... I reckon someone (had to be anyone in the world but me, of course) must have added it again to test and forgot to change it back... hehe..

0 Kudos
Level 9

Wow after seeing some of these I am hesitant to post mine.

nocview.jpg

0 Kudos

Mahjong... a definite must have in any library of work... hehe.. I am a spider solitaire guy, but always enjoy a nice game of Mahjong...

0 Kudos

We all need help improving some area's... as this thread has helped confirm some things that we show, and makes me want pretty maps like some of these others....

It almost does not matter what is displayed on the map, as long as it looks and is spread out enough to read. I feel put to shame when I See a good map all nicely laid out and readable. I mean you Radie Erasmus!!!

0 Kudos

Haha... I find it helps my whole NOC team to see the components in a graphical format with the status on it. It's clear to see what "broke" and what will be impacted.

0 Kudos

Hi Kellie,
I have just emailed you the goods!

0 Kudos
Level 9

Our summary page is quite simple really:

noc.png

Other views are tailored to specific needs but at a glance this is enough...for now.

Since I have had some time today, I got a bit more inspired and ended up with this now:

noc1.png

Level 9

We make use of 2 "main" views. The fist one is our standard health overview

Dashboard.PNG

And the second one is showing the end-to-end integration components. These "dots" are build up of a large number of monitors/components/stats in groups.

Integration.PNG

Yes, what John said. It's very clean. Well done.

0 Kudos

Thank you. It's still a work in progress, but it is really helping us to get a view on a real complex application.

0 Kudos

I really like your "End-to-End" view. That is extremely nice!

John

0 Kudos
Level 10

Here is another one:

8-7-2013 2-39-01 PM.jpg