cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Should I run full version of SQL?

Hello, we are just in the process of putting together costs to impliment Orion SLX and the question if we should look at a full version of SQL instead of the run-time inculded should be used. My question to the group is what benifit would we gain from running the full version, are there any limitations to the run-time?

thanks, if you don't mind how much memory are people putting in there server too?

thanks,
Brent
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Thank you all for your input, I will be requesting a full version of SQL be added to the request

Thanks,
Brent
0 Kudos
Level 7

Since you're purchasing the SLX I would definitely recommend a full version of SQL Server. The MSDE version that SolarWinds ships has a 2GB database size limitation. Depending upon how many elements you're planning to monitor and how often you plan to collect statistics your database could reach this limit rather quickly. -HTH
0 Kudos
Level 7

The 2GB size limit is the only one I am aware of. We purchased the SLX version to monitor only 350 nodes and 1300 interfaces and we quickly ran into the 2GB limit. After only a couple of weeks of data collection we had to re-index every day to keep it below 2GB. When we did re-index though, it did compress the DB from 2GB to about 350MB.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Only 512MB right now, but bumping it up to a 1GB on the weekend. My server runs just fine with 512 but RAM is cheap right now, so why not.

Adam
0 Kudos