cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

ServiceNow tickets not updating when node comes back online

Jump to solution

I have an alert that will open a ServiceNow ticket when the node is down for 10 minutes. Reset condition is the default option (when trigger is no longer true).

SolarWinds is supposed to update the ticket when the node is back up, but over the past 4-6 weeks this has happened 3 times. i have to restart all SW services on all polling engines (9 servers) to get the integration to start working again. 

It can create the tickets fine, but once it's created it seems like SW can no longer talk to the ServiceNow API.

Here is my current version of everything (should be all up to date):
SAM, WPM: 2019.4.1 | Orion Platform HF4, IPAM HF1, NCM HF1, NPM HF2: 2019.4

Has anyone experienced this before? if so, what was your fix?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

@tony.johnson i opened 00505593 on march 26th. i was advised there was a connection error on my corebusiness layer logs that is directly related to a potential issue the developers are trying to resolve.
i was told this should be fixed in Orion 2020.2.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello,

I have seen some unexpected behavior but this appears a little more complex. I usually refer to this guide for troubleshooting https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/Success_Center/orionplatform/Content/core-servicenow-how-it-...

What version of Service Now are you running? Have you opened a support case for this issue?

0 Kudos
Level 12

@tony.johnson for ServiceNow, we are on New York and will be going to Orlando in June. I have used the documentation you referenced above, but wasn't really able to find much that is specific to my issue.

I've opened a support case awhile ago for it, but after we figured out restarting all the services resolved the issue, the case was closed.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Could you share the case #?  If the problem is persisting we may need to reopen this.

0 Kudos
Level 12

@tony.johnson i found a couple cases that are related to the issue i am describing: 00443928 and 00224022.

Product Manager
Product Manager

Having reviewed both cases I would suggest re-opening 00443928 if this issue is still persisting. 

0 Kudos
Level 12

@tony.johnson i opened 00505593 on march 26th. i was advised there was a connection error on my corebusiness layer logs that is directly related to a potential issue the developers are trying to resolve.
i was told this should be fixed in Orion 2020.2.

View solution in original post