This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ServiceNow Bi-directional communication issue

Dear All,

Integration of SolarWinds & ServiceNow is successful. The alerts are generated & created as new tickets in ServiceNow.  But the issue is that, it's not reflecting back in SolarWinds. 

It seems the bi-directional communication isn't working well. We are not using any proxy on our infra, but still this error persist.

Please suggest me how to get rid of this issue.

Thanks in advance..!!

Regards,

Solaiy.

• I keep hearing that it is supposed to be bi directional, but I've not once seen that actually be the case.
  • Hi ,

Any suggestion on this communications error please...?

pop.PNG

FYI, Snow connection successful & tickets are getting generated even-though this error pops up. Confused..!

Regards,

Solaiy.

• I've got no useful experience with the SNOW integration, at my work there are a few other tools that events pass through before we raise an INC so we don't have the built in integration enabled and I just use custom SQL/REST. All I can suggest is to check the logs on your server and see if you find any clues about what went wrong there.
  • Hi  ,

Just to update you on this thread. The issues has been fixed. Moreover it wasn't any error from SolarWinds end, it was due to the business rule configuration on ServiceNow end. It's been rectified now. 

Thanks much..!

Regards,

Solaiy.

• i am getting same issue ..can you please help ..how can i solve this
  • Hi  ,

Yes. I have managed to resolve this integration issue. On my case, the error was at ServiceNow end. If you could post some sample snap-shots of the error you are facing, we have can a look at it.

Thanks..!

Regards,

Solaiy.

• Hi  

Thanks for information. i am getting same error which you were getting. in alert history page. While alert is getting triggered, that service now action is not getting trigger and showing same error which you attached.

In this case, the problem is with ServiceNow Business rules. This particular error states that, the new generated INC is not syncing to the ServiceNow Backend DB, that's the reason it's not reflecting back to SolarWinds portal & you keep getting this error. 

To be precise, just check the first Business rule that runs in ServiceNow when SolarWinds generates alert.

Please ask your ServiceNow team to check that same under "SolarWinds alert integration" column --> it's respective logs. 

You will get to know about it. Let me know if further information needed. 

Regards,

Solaiy.

• Hi  

Thanks for your info. I have attached the error and i am sure we have having same error. In your case what action have to take to resolve this issue at service now end. Please help 

dharmbodh_0-1596002745001.png

It's exactly the same error as I mentioned earlier. If you could follow my guidance on my previous post you can crack this.

1. Check the first Business rule that runs when an INC is generated from SolarWinds. 

2. If that rule runs before/after the insert/update, make it to opposite & test the integration tickets again. (If it was before earlier, make it to after. If it was after earlier, make it to before). ServiceNow admin would be aware of this. 

(This should definitely fix the issue)

3. On ServiceNow, check if all SolarWinds INC's are synced to this it's backend DB, without any errors.

Thanks.

Regards,

Solaiy.