cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Server not displaying in manage agents page

Jump to solution

We have added some server using ICMP in Solarwinds. While trying to select the serves to deploy agents via Manage Agents page those servers are not getting listed.

Is there any criteria for listing the devices in Manage Agents page while deploying agents?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Heya.

This might be by design. In order to install agents Orion needs to know the login credentials for the server(s) in question. When you are only monitoring via ICMP we assume that you don't have the proper creds and thus won't be able to install the agent software.

Might be a feature request for serena though to have the option of showing all nodes. Keep in mind that this belongs to SAM (Server & Application Manager) and not NPM

Cheerio,

Steffen

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Level 16

you have mentioned that u added the server using ICMP, if these are windows servers then u need to select the appropriate option of agent and use the creds to deploy it.

Manager Agents option will not list any details until you have added the device using agent based method...

0 Kudos

Hi Prathik,

Its not the manage agents page, I was trying to deploy the agents via the manage agents page, there only I am not able to view the server added using ICMP.

0 Kudos

Hi Sreenath,

You cant add it via icmp, that's what I was trying to say..

You need to select agent option while adding the node...

0 Kudos

Hi Prathik,

This is the page I was trying to explain, here I can see a list of devices from we can select, but not the ones I added using ICMP. What I understood is that these devices are coming under the node category 'Server'. Is that the expected one?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

As Steffen mentioned in this page it does not show as its not identifying the devices since those are added as ICMP.. but u can definitely change in bulk from manage nodes section...

Heya.

This might be by design. In order to install agents Orion needs to know the login credentials for the server(s) in question. When you are only monitoring via ICMP we assume that you don't have the proper creds and thus won't be able to install the agent software.

Might be a feature request for serena though to have the option of showing all nodes. Keep in mind that this belongs to SAM (Server & Application Manager) and not NPM

Cheerio,

Steffen

View solution in original post