This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Server Requirements builder?

I've had quite a bit of off and on experience with Solarwinds when helping out my clients, but one of the challenges I've always had, was determining if their server build was sufficient for all the different modules they've purchased, and matching it with the polling needs. I'm not sure if something like this exists, and if it does, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. But my current client is experiencing some occasional lag on the web portal, along with having UDT jobs not completing in a timely manner (NCM jobs also taking a while). But I'm looking to spec out the appropriate server build for the following, and use that as a recommendation to my client. These are the Solarwinds pieces that are installed:

NPM ~3500 interfaces

NCM ~250 nodes

NTA ~400 interfaces

SAM ~15 applications

UDT ~12000 ports, about 50% actually used

These are all running on the same server, and have an external SQL server used as the database.

I am speculating that they will need some additional pollers to handle what they need, but what server requirements would you guys recommend I need to run this smoothly?