This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Server List Resource Issues

I've got a problem with listing the resources of my on some of my VM servers. The error I get is server name is currently down, ureachable, or provided credentials are invalid. Ther servers not down as its polling perfectly fine.

Other servers both physical and virtual list resources fine.

I tried to do a repair of NPM logged in as local admin as per other issues with list resources but still have the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

• Are you trying SNMP or WMI?  If SNMP, have you verified that the Orion server is allowed to talk to that server with the community string you are using?  If WMI, have you used wbemtest.exe on the Orion server to see if connection can be established to the target server?

• One of the servers in question is the NPM server so hopefully should have access whatever, but I've also checked some of the other servers that fail and community strings etc are configured correctly with the correct authroisation for the NPM server.

• So you're attempting SNMP for them.  I would also try the snmpwalk.exe tool in the Orion install directory.  This will confirm the access for the Orion server by trying to walk the servers in question from the Orion server.