This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Sending alerts of processors - by CPU core

Hi,

I am currently doing an 'integrations' between the Solarwinds and the Remedy to replace the BMC. I have some issues with the CPU monitoring; BMC used to send email alerts to the Remedy when the CPU core hits a threshold but for Solarwinds, the alerts only availables in average (total CPU usage/CPU core). My question is, how do I send alerts when the cores hits a thresholds? I had tried udp but is there other way where I can send out alerts by core? I wont be using templates as it is using a lot of traffic, thanks.

• Hi ">oithim_yew,

I just want to share with you what we did to our network routers, instead of relying to average CPU, we added universal device poller "cpmCPUTotal5minRev" then we were able to create an alert per core of a router, for example the processor 1 of router A reaches 60% or above solarwinds will send an email alert which looks like this:

"Processor 1 load for Router A is now reaching critical values of 76, 7, 1, 7, 3" disregard 7,1,7,3 because they are utils for processors 2,3,4 and 5.

BTW I haven't done this with server processors yet.

Thanks.