This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Scheduled Reports Shows Login Page

Any ideas what really causes scheduled reports to show a login page?  I've tried everything in this article to know avail.  And I've had case # 00605594 open for 3 months and they don't seem to have any clues.  At a very basic level, why does a report being generated on a schedule by the server need to interact with the login page at all?

• At some point, maybe the 2020 upgrade? I noticed reports could no longer be ran as a local Orion account. We use a special AD service account for reporting and the AD account works fine so maybe try running it as your own account or an account you have set up in AD for reporting. If you run it as your own account be aware every time you change your password all of the reports will fail until you go into the report scheduler and update the passwords for every report so that's an option for testing but not a good long term solution. 

Another issue I run into frequently is that is another user creates a report and schedules it, the next user that opens the scheduler blanks out the creator's password so that report will fail at that point. And the second user has no idea what password the creator used so that reports 'dead' until the original user goes back and updates the password. So in short, don't view others schedules, even if you are an admin because it will break them. Whenever I have to view a report schedule that was created by another user I just change the user/password to the AD reporting account mentioned above. Hoping Solarwinds lets us use a local Orion account or one defined under Settings at some point.

Hope this helps. 

• Yeah, I've experienced the same thing with the account / password used on the report schedule.  In my case I've tried every type of account type and the results are always the same.  The whole process seems bizarre...why does a server generated report need an account specified at all??