This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SWQL Query to Group Results in increments of 5 minutes

Hello, 

I'm trying to create an SWQL query that groups the stats of a custom poller in 5 minute intervals. Currently the poller is configured to poll every minute, but I don't need it to be that granular. Just the statistic that was captured at the 5 minute mark each time it was polled. I have the rest of the query ready but I'm unsure on how to do the DateTime part of the query. I'm struggling to figure out how some of this DateTime stuff works so any insight would be appreciated. Here is the query minus the date time stuff:

SELECT N.Caption as Name, cps.Status, {datetime stuff goes here} as date
FROM Orion.Nodes N
INNER JOIN Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignment CPA ON N.NodeID=CPA.NodeID
FULL JOIN Orion.NPM.CustomPollerStatistics CPS ON CPS.CustomPollerAssignmentID=CPA.CustomPollerAssignmentID
INNER JOIN Orion.NodesCustomProperties CP ON CP.NodeID= N.NodeID
Where CustomPollerName='F5_MyAccess' AND daydiff(tolocal(CPS.datetime),tolocal(GetDate())) = 1
GROUP BY {datetime stuff goes here}n.caption, cps.status

• This looks like it'll do the job

SELECT N.Caption as Name, cps.Status, ADDMINUTE(MINUTEDIFF('2000', cps.DateTime) / 5 * 5, '2000') as date
    FROM Orion.Nodes N
    INNER JOIN Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignment CPA ON N.NodeID=CPA.NodeID
    FULL JOIN Orion.NPM.CustomPollerStatistics CPS ON CPS.CustomPollerAssignmentID=CPA.CustomPollerAssignmentID
    INNER JOIN Orion.NodesCustomProperties CP ON CP.NodeID= N.NodeID
    Where daydiff(tolocal(CPS.datetime),tolocal(GetDate())) = 1
    and CustomPollerName='F5_MyAccess'
    GROUP BY n.caption, cps.status, ADDMINUTE(MINUTEDIFF('2000', cps.DateTime) / 5 * 5, '2000')

Modified for SWQL from this thread, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5002661/how-to-group-time-by-hour-or-by-10-minutes

This logic will get weird results if a particular node happens to be polled more than once in that 5 min window and got different status codes, like if someone manually forced a poll after making a change, but I'm figuring that may not be super important to your use case.

If you want to change the want the timestamps are grouped just swap out the 5's for 10's or 30's or whatever

• Thank you so much! What does the '2000' represent in the query? 

• in this case it starts counting from the year 2000, but you can switch it to any time in the past thats older than the start of your data, it wakes however many minutes there have been since then, divides that number by 5 into whatever whole number, then adds that number back in to be the start of the 5 minute bucket.