This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SW-Orion Report Title variable

I am new to SW and am working with reports. I have created a few reports and want to have the scheduled report save to a network location which I figured out how to do. The issue I am having is I can't figure out how to get the report at add the report run date to the title.

A sample report title would be something like Internet Utilization - Last 30 Days. I would like it to be Internet Utilization - Report Run Date where Report Run Date is the date I ran the report in the format similar to 11-30-2016. I will have reports run weekly and some monthly and they will go to a folder on a share. The report file name looks to be based on the Report Title. If I can't use a variable then it will just overwrite each time it is run.

Is it possible to customize the Report Title or File Name using a date variable?

• Insert a variable in the report title in Save to Disk Action such as ${N=Generic;M=MediumDate} and the title will be prepended with this "2016_11_28_13_00_03_" which will make the title unique.  There are other variables you may use. as desired.

• what a misstep Solar Winds has taken.  why would you not be able to customize a report header, title, or any object with meta characters that would insert the date/time etc?  just another stupid thing that Solar Winds has no clue about.