This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL Question on comparing Custom Poller table values

Has anyone been able to create a SQL query that compares the current polled values of a custom poller table and historic values then report when any of the values of the rows have changed?  I've been trying to write something to compare rows based on custom poller assignment ID and rowID then report back of the current polled data held in the CustomPollerStatus table is different than data in either the CustomPollerStatuistics_Detail table or even the CustomPollerStatistics View.  Any thoughts would be we

• Hi mharvey,

I am also looking for same functionality. Any good luck with you? Could you please let me know if you found any work around for that?

Thanks,

Sateesh

• well, if your custom poller is defined as a rate then:

Select Top 1000 * From CustomPollerStatus where Rate <> RawStatus

(or am I missing something here?)

if you want to compare historical data the something like:

SELECT TOP 1000 *

FROM   custompollerstatus CPS

INNER JOIN custompollerstatistics_detail CPSD

ON CPS.custompollerassignmentid = CPSD.custompollerassignmentid

AND CPS.rowid = CPSD.rowid

WHERE  cps.rate = cps.rawstatus

AND CPS.rawstatus <> CPSD.rawstatus

AND CPSD.datetime = (SELECT Max(datetime)

FROM   custompollerstatistics_detail CPSD2

WHERE

CPSD2.custompollerassignmentid = CPSD.custompollerassignmentid

AND CPSD2.rowid = CPSD.rowid)

• Thanks Richard.  The historical is what I was after.  This is exactly what I needed.  Thank you.

• You're welcome; In the spirirt of more than one way to do something in SQL, the following query might run faster in some environments:

SELECT TOP 1000 *

FROM   custompollerstatus CPS

INNER JOIN custompollerstatistics_detail CPSD

ON CPS.custompollerassignmentid = CPSD.custompollerassignmentid

AND CPS.rowid = CPSD.rowid

INNER JOIN (SELECT Max(datetime) AS DateTime, custompollerassignmentid, rowid

FROM   custompollerstatistics_detail

GROUP  BY custompollerassignmentid, rowid) CPSD2

ON CPS.custompollerassignmentid = CPSD2.custompollerassignmentid

AND CPS.rowid = CPSD2.rowid

AND CPSD.datetime = CPSD2.datetime

WHERE  CPS.rawstatus <> CPSD.rawstatus