This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL Queries

Hi,

Um this might be an obvious answer, but if i screw this up I'll have big problems with my boss so I rather ask.

I am creating a custom view and I need a los of nodes down. I see I can add that chart and now my view has the field ready. Problem is, it asks of filter nodes.

My question is this, I can make multiple queries or just 1 querie where I have to put all the nodes? Also, where I find the proper documentation as to where I have to look the table where the nodes are down? I am not really into SQL, so maybe Id need some help afterwards.

I attach a pic so you can see where it is asking me to do this.

Thanks for any help.

--Raul

nodesdown.png

• Hi.

This doesn't require any actual SQL. The filters are really only a small subset. Since you are only wanting to see nodes down, here is what you would want to put in that field:

Status=2

When you ask about multiple queries, I am not sure what you mean. If you are wanting to filter on multiple fields, you can do that just like in the example in your screen-cap using the AND or the OR operators. For example, maybe you only want to see nodes that are down in Dallas, you could use this for your filter:

Status=2 AND City='Dallas'

To find out about the fields in the Nodes table, I like to use the Database Manager. If you have the ability to log into your Solarwinds server, the Database Manager is located in the Programs menu under Solarwinds Orion --> Advanced Features --> Database Manager.

I hope this helps.

Romeo

• Since you chose the 'Down Nodes' view, it already only includes status = 2.  Another option is to choose the view that is 'Nodes not Up', which will also include those with warnings.  However, this list includes UnManaged nodes, so you may want to also exclude those by adding the filter 'Status <> 9'.  If you get the Filter wrong, it will be obvious from the results because it will contain Custom SQL filter is incorrectly formatted.