cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

SQL Help

Jump to solution

I have a simple working sql script I wrote and want to fine tune it to days of week, or even between certain dates. Ive tried everything and am stumped at this point. The column I think I should be using says its ambiguous when I add it, so I think I'm missing syntax. Can anyone help please.

This works, now I just need to tune it for days, or dates.

SELECT
 Client_SSID,
 Client_Status,
 Controller_Name,
 Client_Name
FROM NPM_NV_WL_CLIENTS, NPM_NV_WL_CONTROLLERS
WHERE Client_Status = 'blank' AND Client_SSID = 'blank' AND Client_Name = 'blank'
GROUP BY Client_SSID, Client_Status, Controller_Name, Client_Name

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Figured it out. Had to add the table names before my columns. Working like a charm now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 17

first you need to find out what columns in those 2 tables have dates in them and ensure they are in the context you are looking for, i.e. client status change @ x time. 

then you want to use that/those columns in reporting.

i.e. append your WHERE clause to include your requirements.  See/download THIS POST and THIS POST for examples

0 Kudos

Thanks njoylif, but I'm still confused. I have the column identified that I want to use where a date is located, but it still does not work. I'm using a column from table NPM_NV_WL_APS column LastUpdate and can not extrapolate the info from it. I get an ambiguous error on LastUpdate.

0 Kudos

Figured it out. Had to add the table names before my columns. Working like a charm now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

awesome, glad to hear.  Great Job.

0 Kudos