This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL Help - cleaning orphaned Interfaces

Somehow I have some Orphaned Interfaces.  Does anyone know how to clean that up?
I'm assuming the SQL statement:
UDPATE Interfaces
DELETE *
WHERE NodeID = '<NodeID of orphaned interfaces>'

I know I have some, because I have a custom field that defaults to NULL and shouldn't be empty unless no Node.

I also want to ensure that I cover all other data relating...

Any thoughts?
Thanks

• Larry,  On your Orion server check the latest Maintenance log file, C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\swdebugMaintenance.log, for the following lines:

ERROR SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.NetworkElements - Failed to cleanup deleted network elements tables.
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'dbm_DeleteFromDeletedNodes'.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.NetworkElements.DeleteNetworkElements(String tableName, String storedProcName)
       at SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.NetworkElements.RemoveDeletedElements()
    2007-08-11 02:46:54,753 [1] INFO  SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.MaintenanceEngine - Database Maintenance Complete.

If they are there, then follow the simple instructions in this post:  ">

• Sure Enough, it's there.  Thanks for the heads up.