This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL 2008

I know SQL 2008 isnt officially supported until the next version, but is anyone running it right now?  We built a new server for Orion's DB and Server 2008 and SQL 2008 were both installed.  Instead of rebuilding the server, I wanted to know if anyone had done this yet and what the result was. 

I am thinking of putting the poller on a VM with server 2003 so really I am just concerned with the SQL portion.

• Not sure if it helps, but I have the DB running off SQL Express 2008 (for a small site emoticons_happy.png and set the compatibility level (under database properties->options) to 90 (SQL2005) and it works like a treat.

• Hi Pat

Currently It is not supported. Our dev team are working on this for future releases . I wouldn’t Install on Sql 2008 until it is fully supported. Since Solarwinds on current versions have not tested against it it will be impossible for us to support any issues you may have

Thanks