cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

SP3 install failure

Jump to solution

anyone got this installed successfully yet?

I just tried, it updated my dlls in the dos box but then failed on something that disappears from the screen before you can check what it fails on )(think it was under information service or something)

i have logged an urgent call to SW 108857 but i have to get to bed so thought i would jump on here and see if anyone can help

cheers

dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

the problem was the information service mising...  i had the v1 server but not the one without v1... run the following msi

######

It's located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers\InformationService.msi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 12

the point it fails is

"Updating Information Serivce"

0 Kudos

In order to expedite the process, can you collect the diagnostics and send it in to support (referencing the ticket 108857).

0 Kudos

diagnostics are 20MB this will take a while to uplopad...  where do i upload to or will i upload them to my FTP server and provide download details to solarwinds?

0 Kudos

debug has been uploaded to my FTP site against this case and the details sent to support

do you think i can start my solarwidns up again?  i have a very large install and it is completely down ands it is a 24/7 tool, so i am in lot of trouble...

0 Kudos

the problem was the information service mising...  i had the v1 server but not the one without v1... run the following msi

######

It's located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers\InformationService.msi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos