cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gazevs
Level 7

SP3 Install Failed

Jump to solution

I have tried to install SP3 and it is failing with the following message in the logs.  The server is currently running NPM (SP2 with Hotfix 1) with NCM, APM and NTA.

Executing [ msiexec /quiet /update "C:\<SNIP>\Local Settings\Temp\1\pb2\\InformationService2.0SP2.msp" /L*v InformationServiceSP2.log ]
T h e   u p g r a d e   p a t c h   c a n n o t   b e   i n s t a l l e d   b y   t h e   W i n d o w s   I n s t a l l e r   s e r v i c e   b e c a u s e   t h e   p r o g r a m   t o   b e   u p g r a d e d   m a y   b e   m i s s i n g ,   o r   t h e   u p g r a d e   p a t c h   m a y   u p d a t e   a   d i f f e r e n t   v e r s i o n   o f   t h e   p r o g r a m .   V e r i f y   t h a t   t h e   p r o g r a m   t o   b e   u p g r a d e d   e x i s t s   o n   y o u r   c o m p u t e r   a n d   t h a t   y o u   h a v e   t h e   c o r r e c t   u p g r a d e   p a t c h

TIA

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_toilet
Level 12

Re: SP3 Install Failed

Jump to solution

It looks like just the info service needs to be reinstalled from the msi, then the sp will complete.

It's located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers\InformationService.msi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
gazevs
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for that.  Sorry for duplicating a post but my search missed the earlier post.

0 Kudos
the_toilet
Level 12

Jump to solution

not a problem, i only just updated my thread from last night there now, as it was so late when i finished up so you woudl not have found a solution until now anyway  :-)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How do you reinstall the info service ?? do you perform before the SP3 install. ??

We have 4 NPM SLX... AND ALL ARE SCREWED UP with these SPs released every month.

We even whipped out a server to get up to SP3 as per Solarwinds tech support.. and did entire general release to get to SP3.   One other server can only update to SP1,,  we repaired, deinstalled, etc. ran the latest general release (which is V9.5 SP3 now), but fails back to 9.5 SP0 every time.    Other server, have SP2, but fails doing the SP3 patch.

All the NPM apps are installed on D: Program files directory, which was never an issue before 9.5... now all my servers are in dissarray,,  

0 Kudos
gazevs
Level 7

Jump to solution

To reinstall the service install the MSI identified earlier in this thread.

0 Kudos
DirtySouth
Level 13

Jump to solution

You may have to manually run the configuration wizard after running that MSI...at least I did.

0 Kudos